Wednesday, October 20, 2010

strawberry cheesecake trifle-Sarah's

Sarah is one of my really good friends and I am so excited to post some of her recipes! She is so cute and organized and sent me a bunch of her favorite recipes that she already had typed up and ready to use whenever she needed them. I couldn't decide which ones to choose (because they all look so good)so I thought I would post a few of her recipes here and there. Here are three of her dessert recipes.

Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle

2 qts. strawberries
1 cup sugar, divided
2 pkgs cream cheese, softened
3 T orange or lime juice
3 cups whipped whip cream
2 loaves Sara Lee Pound cake, cubed
strawberries divided

Toss strawberries with 1/2 cup sugar. Allow to chill in fridge until juicy (about 1 hour). Cream together juice, cream cheese, and remaining sugar. Add whip cream and blend until creamy. Drain of strawberries and drizzle juice onto cake cubes. Layer in trifle bowl:

-1/2 cake cube
-1/3 cream cheese mixture
-1/2 strawberries
-remaining cake cubes
-1/3 cream cheese mixture
-remaining strawberries
-remaining cream cheese mixture
-garnish with strawberries

No comments:

Post a Comment