Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Jenni's Recipes

My cute friend Jenni sent me these awesome recipes.  I am totally making the southwestern egg rolls for dinner!  Thanks so much Jenni! (I am making each recipe it's own post)

This is what she said:

Ok, I have a million that I love but here are a few of my current favorites from just cook already. I have made all of them multiple times and they are ALL a huge hit every time.  Happy cooking!


Southwestern Egg Rolls



1 can Corn (drained)
1 can black beans (drained)
1/2 bunch cilantro
Juice from 1 lime
1 1/2 cup of chopped spinach
1 tsp minced garlic
2 medium sized chicken breast...cooked, finely chopped
1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded cheese, mexican mix

2 T olive oil
Cumin about 1 tsp
Chili powder about 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Cracked red pepper or cayenne pepper to desired spiciness

1 packet of 20 egg roll wraps.

Mix it all together, put about a big spoonful inside the wrap. (It takes a few times to judge the size of the egg roll and you will think you have too much and think you need to make them bigger)...don't. Roll it up tight. Seal edge with a little water.
Deep fry in oil {i used evoo.}
I served with tomatillo dressing and spanish rice.

1 comment:

  1. p.s. I usually use a little less cilantro.. I forgot to add that in there.. but if you love cilantro... by all means!!! I've also added some more spice when I feel like it.. jalapenos.. etc.

    ReplyDelete