Monday, November 1, 2010

Crunchy Romaine Strawberry Salad

I was looking on my computer for some saved recipes I had and I came across this recipe 3 different times.  As in, I had typed it up and saved it three different times forgetting that I had already typed it up before. Obviously this recipe is good enough for me to want to save it and type it up several times. This is a really great crowd pleaser too.  It looks so fresh and colorful with the green leaves and bright red strawberries.  I love the sweet and savory contrast you get with each bite you take. *This recipe came from a Taste of Home magazine where it had one first prize in a salad recipe contest.

Crunchy Romaine Strawberry Salad

Ingredients:

1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles

1 cup chopped walnuts

1/4 cup butter

1/4 cup canola oil

1/4 cup sugar

2 tablespoons red wine vinegar

1/2 teaspoon soy sauce

8 cups torn romaine

1/2 cup chopped green onions

2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced

Directions:

Discard seasoning packet from ramen noodles or save for another use. Break noodles into small pieces. In a small skillet, saute noodles and walnuts in butter for 8-10 minutes or until golden; cool.

    For dressing, in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, sugar, vinegar and soy sauce; shake well. Just before serving combine the romaine, onions, strawberries and noodle mixture in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss gently. Yield: 12 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment